Track 1 and Track 2 Plein Air Watercolor Event Rules
*** Please Read All Rules Carefully ***
- For Track 1, entry is free, though registration is required. For Track 2, there is a participation fee of $20 (not a per-piece fee) and registration is required. Bring the completed registration form and any fee payment (check or cash only) on the day of the event.
- Registration for both Track 1 and Track 2 takes place at the Old Aurora Colony Museum complex at Liberty and 2nd Streets at 9 AM on Saturday, August 12.
- NO paper and NO supplies will be available on site. Bring everything you need. (Except for water.)
- All Track 1 and Track 2 participants will have their watercolor paper(s) time-stamped at the time of registration. You may certainly paint more than one painting.
- All work must be the original product of the artist who has registered for the event and must be painted on the day of the event. Time-stamps will be checked.
- Track 1 participants are free to paint any place in Aurora, and will receive a map along with registration. The map is also available on our website. These artists are encouraged to show their work (informally, no mats or frames necessary) at 1 PM on Saturday at the Black Star Watercolor gallery (on Main Street, heart of the Aurora street fair). The work may be for sale or not, as you choose, and no commission will be charged on any sales.
- Track 2 participants will have their work judged for the Museum Curator’s Choice starting at 12 noon, and the prize will be awarded ASAP. The winning painting will be framed and will hang in the Museum for a mutually agreed-upon time. The other paintings can then be included in the display at Black Star Watercolor (see Point 6 above).
- Special care will be taken to protect all work, but the Aurora Arts Association is not responsible for any damage or loss.
Questions? Contact Susan Black at 503-776-9082